(1) If you wait an extra five days to buy your plane tickets, they will suddenly be $600 more expensive. Don’t do this. So long, easy flight home! It was nice dreaming about you. I’ll be in the car.
(2) When dining at Mary’s Kountry Kitchen, be aware: “Petite Portions” are exactly that. Also, I think that people need to stop with the kutesy kountry spellings. Please.
(3) When it comes to homesickness, I think that it’s the little things that count most. Being in a different country? That’s fine. All of the locks on doors turning in the wrong direction? That’s a bit jarring.
(4) Things elderly American men want to know:
- You’re from Canada?
- What’s the price of gasoline up there?
- How many litres are there in a gallon?
- Do you import most of your oil?
- How’s the governor general doing?
- You sure have a pretty country up there.
- Do you speak French?
- I hope you appreciate your grandmother.