Anselm has some neck issues — either from a birth injury or from just the way he was positioned while growing in utero — and so he gets physical therapy once a week. It’s a great program, actually. The county we’re in runs free early intervention services for qualifying children. The baby passed his initial screening, and so now we have a therapist come to our house once a week to do stretches and strengthening exercises with him. Her name is Michelle and we like her a lot.
Michelle has a son who’s about two weeks younger than Anselm, so it’s been fun to compare notes. She also has a daughter, who turned four in December. That means she was born in (count with me here) 2010.
Now, let’s try and remember what happened in 2010:
- Haiti gets hit by a brutal earthquake
- The Vancouver Olympics happen and all of Canada screams in unison (We love you, Sidney Crosby)
- Eyjafjallajokull (which I did not know how to pronounce then and do not know how to pronounce now) erupts
- BP Oil runs into some trouble off the Louisiana coast
- Spain wins the World Cup
- The Chilean miners get trapped, and then rescued
- The Twilight series, featuring Bella, the twittiest twit in all of literature, hits the peak of its popularity.