This post is a rescuee from my drafts folder. It was written but not published in late 2011 or early 2012, when Stan and I were engaged. Please note that I fully stand behind the sentiments expressed herein.
In a way, I love being sick. Being sick is like being handed a license to indulge yourself; it’s amazing how many things suddenly become justifiable once you’ve got the sniffles. Stay in bed and watch an entire half-season of Dr Who? Why not? Call your financé to ask why he hasn’t been calling to check up on you? Sure! Everything goes when you’re sick.
- Hmm, my throat is really sore. What’s good for sore throats? Honey is good for sore throats.
- I’ll eat this spoonful of honey. Nom nom nom… Ooh, look, there’s still leftover honey cake!
- Honey cake = honey (good for sore throats!), plus eggs (protein!) and flour (grain!) and things (nutrition, ahoy!). Maybe I’ll eat some honey cake.
- Hmm. This is really crumbly. I’ll put it in a bowl.
- I wonder if this would be good with milk?
- Wow, I’m eating cake cereal for dinner.