As a means of continuing my new obsession with the granny stitch, I decided to try my hand at a granny square baby blanket. I call this pattern Sunny Side Up because the colours reminded me of my favourite way to cook an egg! This was also the first time I’ve attempted to change yarns/colours as I’ve been working, which turned out to be easier than I expected.
I haven’t blocked the blanket yet, so you can see a bit of wonkiness, in that centre panel especially. I think it must have something to do with my tension but further experimentation is probably warranted.
I finished it up just with a double-crochet border, which was easily added, albeit tedious. The yarn was two medium-weight mystery acrylics from the church stash, and I worked it all up on an H hook. Overall I am quite pleased.