We had this for breakfast on Christmas morning and it was delish. Enjoy!
- 1 loaf french bread, stale
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- Cut french bread into cubes and place in large bowl; set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine eggs, milk, cream, sugars, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add blueberries, pecans, and liquid ingredients to bread cubes. Stir/fold with spatula until bread is soaked and nuts/berries are well distributed.
- Grease a 9×13″ casserole dish. Pour bread mixture into dish; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove dish from fridge. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes at 375 degrees F. Serve warm.
One thought on “Overnight Blueberry French Toast Bake”
This looked so nice we made it twice. Thanks so much for sharing! I can confirm it works with frozen berries, blueberries or mixed berries.
Comments are closed.