It’s Thanksgiving! And, thankful for fall desserts, I bequeath to you my favourite pie recipe:
PUMPKIN PIE (makes 2)
- 3.5 cups pumpkin purée
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- heaping 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups table cream (18%)
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine puree with eggs; sugars; spices and salt; and cream, stirring well between each addition.
2. Carefully pour into pie shells (pumpkin mixture will be extremely wet; I use a ladle).
3. Bake at 425F for 15 minutes.
4. Lower oven temperature to 350F, and bake for an additional 40 minutes, or until done. Serve warm or cold. Pies are suitable for freezing.