We had this for breakfast on Christmas morning and it was delish. Enjoy!
- 1 loaf french bread, stale
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- Cut french bread into cubes and place in large bowl; set aside.
- In a second bowl, combine eggs, milk, cream, sugars, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Add blueberries, pecans, and liquid ingredients to bread cubes. Stir/fold with spatula until bread is soaked and nuts/berries are well distributed.
- Grease a 9×13″ casserole dish. Pour bread mixture into dish; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove dish from fridge. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes at 375 degrees F. Serve warm.